Locations and Hours
Get a Library Card
About the Library
Support your Library
Top Ten Tips
- Follow your family rules for using the Internet.
- Ask an adult first if you want to register for something or enter a contest online.
- Use a screen name (not your real name) on IM, blogs and chats.
- Keep your password a secret. Don't even tell it to your best friend.
- It's not ok to write mean things about people on the Internet. You can get in trouble !
- Don't stay in a chat if someone makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Never agree to get together with someone you meet on the Internet.
- Never put any photos on the Internet unless you check with adults.
- Before you download anything on a computer, ask an adult. Some files can harm your computer.
- If you see something online that makes you uncomfortable, tell an adult.
|Email a librarian
Remember: It's easy for people online to pretend to be someone different than they really are. Some information you'll find online is NOT true!
Answer these questions to see if you are a “safe surfer.”