Locations and Hours
Get a Library Card
About the Library
Support your Library
School Tours, Trainings and Group Visits
Schedule a group visit for a school or youth group
What we offer
During your tour or group visit to the Main Library, we can provide:
- Stories, booktalks and scavenger hunts for preschoolers through eighth graders
- A tour of the building highlighting resources appropriate for preschool through twelfth grade
- An overview of resources in a subject area
- Library card registration: please see the section on Library Cards below.
We appreciate advance notice of groups coming to use the library, even if you don’t need any special services.
Guidelines for all groups
- We require at least two weeks advance notice to a tour or presentation. Classes wishing to hear booktalks must schedule at least three weeks in advance.
- Since we may not be able accommodate all requests within a given time period, we suggest calling earlier than two or three weeks in advance. We cannot schedule your visit more than three months in advance, however.
Guidelines for preschool through eighth-grade groups
- We can provide storytimes and tours only on week days. We cannot provide storytimes or tours during evening hours.
- Our available times are limited to Mondays and Fridays from 10-4 and Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1-4.
- We can accommodate up to 35 people.
Guidelines for high school groups
- Please contact us to schedule a training on library resources in the subject you're interested in.
- We can provide trainings only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- We can accommodate up to 40 people.
- Valid library cards are required to check out materials.
- School groups are required to obtain applications in advance. A typical process is as follows: teachers send printed card applications home with students for parents or guardians to sign, which are then returned to the teacher and dropped off at the library for processing.
- Please return all your applications to the library at least one week before your visit.
- For more information on library cards, call 758-5819.
Download a library card application.
- Duplicate cards will not be issued, but if a student has lost a card he or she may bring a completed application and $1 for a replacements card.
The Main Library is on 1st Avenue East and 3rd Street East in downtown Kalispell.
The library does not have a parking garage or parking lot, but two hour parking is available and residential parking is within walking distance.
Please fill out our Tour and Group Visit Registration Form to register online. If you need help or additional information, call 758-5822.
If you wish to visit another neighborhood library in Flathead County, please call that library directly. Locations, hours and phone numbers can be found here.